Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will a warrant be put out for me if I run when the police want me to help them?

The police found me with 84 grams of cannabis on me and took me in but they did not charge me. They told me to get and buy them some drugs from another guy. I did but then they wanted me to get a gun, hide it and call them to get it. I in turn left town. I'm on the run. They went to my mom's door looking for me. Will a judge put out a warrant for me? How long will I have to run to beat the case? I'm told three or four years?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    The warrant will be put out for you. You were released for the specific purpose of helping police and you reneged. You will have to run for the remainder of your life, because the warrant never expires.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/26/2014
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    If they put out a warrant for the original drugs then no amount of running will beat the case. Once the warrant is out then in most places the Statute of Limitations is no longer running.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/21/2014
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you. Also, you have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/20/2014
    Charles M. Schiff | Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
    925 South First Street
    St Cloud, MN 56301
    (320) 259-0699
    If the police wanted you to work for them, they likely held off prosecution of your case so that the people you purchased from would not see your booking record. They can do nothing more than turn your case over to the prosecuting authority for prosecution. If you are charged and a warrant is issued, the statute of limitations is not running. The statute of limitations only applies to the time between discovery of a crime and the charging of that crime. There could not be a Warrant issued unless your case was opened and filed (charged).
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 1/20/2014
    Tunde Akinyele | Akinyele Law Firm, LLC
    160 Clairemont Ave.
    Decatur, GA 30030
    (678) 281-1567
    Would not recommend running but rather trying to resolve it. They have a four year statue of limitations unless they can show that you let the state...that portion will not be counted toward the four years. Yes they can charge you for the marijuana once you stop cooperating. If they asked you to do something illegal, go file an internal affairs complaint.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/20/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.