Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will they use my juvenile record against me?

I got locked up a lot as a kid. Now I'm 22 and I caught a assault case from this guy I got in a fight with at a bar. Are they going to bring my juvenile records up at court or are those really sealed?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    In Michigan the juvenile records are relevant.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/28/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    When a report is written to the court, your juvenile record will be brought up and will be considered. You have shown to be a repeat offender.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/28/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    The prosecutor and judge will be aware of your previous record and it may influence their attitude and the plea hat is offered but unless you injured someone it will be reduced to a Disorderly Conduct or dismissed with an ACD. You must learn to avoid getting arrested and that involves good decision making and good communication skills.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/28/2013
    Edward D. Dowling IV | Edward D. Dowling IV Attorney at Law
    132 Foxdale Lane
    Port Jefferson, NY 11777
    (631) 509-0662
    You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances and out if the records are sealed or not.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/27/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    The prosecutor will be able to see it. So, it will impact the prosecutor's plea offer. The jury will not hear about it, unless you take the stand and begin to make claims contradicted by your record.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 2/26/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.