Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will my wife find out I was arrested for soliciting a prostitute?

I was arrested and have to go to court. I have to hire a lawyer, but want to hide this from my wife. Can she find out? How can she find out?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Allison Williams | Law Office of Allison Williams
    PO Box 504
    Lake Oswego, OR 97034
    (971) 678-5276
    I don't think your wife necessarily needs to find out. Obviously, if you have to hire a lawyer, you will have to pay a lawyer. I don't know how your finances work, but she could find out if she notices money missing. Other than that, I think that if you just explain your desire for discretion to your attorney they should respect that. I know I always ask how my clients would like for me to communicate with them and if its OK to leave voice mails. Your case will resolve with either a plea or a trial. There is no way to have either of these be confidential. But unless your wife is in the courthouse that day and happens to wander into the courtroom where you are pleading or having a trial, its unlikely that she would find out. Things might get trickier if you are placed on probation. With this charge it would likely be bench probation to a judge as opposed to formal probation with a probation officer. The court may mail you some things over the course of your probation. You may also have to pay a fine and/or do some community service. Depending on your criminal history, its possible that some jail time might be involved.
    Answer Applies to: Oregon - Replied: 3/11/2013
    William R. Pelger | Pelger Law
    2108 West Street
    Munhall, PA 15120
    (412) 461-1900
    I don't think the court or police customarily notify spouses of arrest. I just think with the mail you will be receiving it will be tough to hide I, that is if the case goes to the court of common pleas level and your are eventually put on probation. Plus, a lot of times the cases are published in the local papers. Your best bet is to hire an attorney who can get this things resolved at the preliminary hearing level and put it to rest. In Allegheny county for first time offenders they offer "johnny classes" if you go to one of these and complete it the charge is withdrawn or reduced to a summary. That way the case ends at the DJ level and there is no probation.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Michael Charles Sahn | Sahn Law Firm
    225 Seven Farms Drive
    Charleston, SC 29492
    (843) 856-2222
    The arrest will be on your SLED criminal background report (for now at least).
    Answer Applies to: South Carolina - Replied: 3/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.