Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will my license get revoked if this is my first DUI?

I need my car for work so I'm worried about my license getting revoked. Is this possible? Probable? What are we talking about?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Patrick M. Moriarty | Moriarty & Associates, PLLC
    3500 - 188th St. SW
    Lynnwood, WA 98072
    (425) 670-0800
    There are 2 ways your license could become suspended or revoked. First, if you were arrested for DUI and were offered a breath or blood test and the results were a .08 or higher, or you refused to submit to a breath or blood test, the Department of Licensing will administratively suspend or revoke your license. You are entitled to a hearing to contest the proposed suspension or revocation, but the request must be made within 20 days of the date of your arrest and you must pay the requisite fee. Second, your license to drive would be suspended or revoked if you are convicted of DUI. The length of suspension or revocation depends on the result of your breath/blood test and your prior DUI history. In either case, you may obtain an ignition interlock license to drive during a period of suspension or revocation. You should speak to an experienced DUI defense attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 3/28/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    You should have been given a hearing request form at the time of your arrest. Fill it out and mail it in according to the instructions on the phone. Your privilege to drive will be suspended from 90 days to a year, depending on your BAC or refusal. The good news is you can get an ignition interlock license immediately. Your District or municipal court probation office or the Department of Licensing web cite can give you information on the Ignition Interlock License. You can also consider a deferred prosecution as an alternative to jail time.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 3/28/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.