Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will my conviction for possession of controlled substance ever get off my record?

I served my time and paid fines. How long is this going to be on my record? I haven't gotten in trouble since I got out of prison. Can I do something to get this off my name?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Jeffrey Dixon Knight | Jeffrey Dixon Knight Attorney at Law
    Post Office Box 584
    Jackson, MS 39205
    (601) 613-9389
    Yes if you petition the court for expungement, it was only for possession, you have completed all conditions imposed, and it has been more than 5 years. See Miss Code Ann sec 99-19-71.
    Answer Applies to: Mississippi - Replied: 2/27/2013
    Cynthia Henley | Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    7626 E. Jordan Cove
    Houston, TX 77055-5053
    (713) 222-1220
    You cannot expunge nor seal your record. They only hope is a pardon by the governor, and that is not likely at all.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 2/27/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    In Michigan it is possible to have certain convictions set aside or expunged under certain circumstances. As always, the devil is in the details.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/27/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.