Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will my charge of driving uninsured be dropped if the arresting officer doesn’t show for the court date?

I was in an auto accident driving my boyfriend's uninsured car in the state of Washington. Someone hit me as I was crossing and I had a stop sign. I was charged with failure to yield and driving uninsured. My court date is Christmas Eve so there's a chance the arresting officer may not show. I would like to know if the case will be dismissed/charges dropped if the officer doesn't show.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Edmund P. Allen Jr. | Law Office of Edmund P. Allen Jr.
    705 Second Avenue Suite #910
    Seattle, WA 98104
    (206) 262-0903
    If you subpoenaed the officer for the hearing, then it may be dismissed if he does not show. But if other witnesses appear (like the other driver who was involved in the collision) then the prosecutor might be able to prove the case with that witness.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 12/11/2014
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    Read your citation. You must ask the court to subpoena the officer. If you fail to do that, the court can simply read the officer's narrative and find you committed the infraction. Only if the officer is subpoenaed and fails to appear can you move for dismissal. Act immediately and call the court and find out how to get the subpoena issued!
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 12/11/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.