Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will legal documents hold up if they are missing information?

I recently received a summons from the Peoples Attorney, a firm, not court. This summons was missing a government stamp and dates and times for the summons. If I do not attend or just disregard this summons, will I be held legally accountable? There is nothing on here that makes this official and I want to make sure I am with in my legal right. Thank you.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    I do not know who the "Peoples Attorney" is and, suggest you find out before you do anything. If they are not a legal body and do not have the authority of law, then you need not respond. However, if they do have legal authority, by you not appearing, could result in a default action.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 7/2/2013
    James Smith | Law Office of James E. Smith
    7251 Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 300
    Las Vegas, NV 89128
    (702) 460-3765
    You need to file a motion on the issue. Ignoring it may get you in trouble.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 7/2/2013
    Steve Freeborn | Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    33400 9th Avenue S. Suite 208
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 838-4477
    A law firm has the power to subpoena a person to appear as witness. If you are an important witness to a case and you don't appear, the attorney could request a material witness warrant for your apprehension.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 7/2/2013
    William A. Siebert | William A. Siebert
    740 N. Silverleaf St
    Gladwin, MI 48624
    (989) 426-3559
    It would be worth it to pay a lawyer $100 to look at this "summons," If it doesn't have a return date, you probably don't have to answer it.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 7/2/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    It may be official, they just never sent you the stamped copy.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 7/2/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.