Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will I receive a fine for marijuana possession if I have a prior charge?

Was driving around last night and got pulled over. Cops found like 3 grams of weed in the car, which belonged to my friend that was in the passenger seat. They asked whose it was and nobody responded. After a few more times of being asked, I caved and said it was mine. I've got a prior charge tho. What's going to happen to me?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    In Alabama, if you have a prior possession of marijuana for personal use conviction (misdemeanor) any subsequent arrest should be a felony arrest, where you could be facing not less than one year and one day in prison up to ten (10) years and a fine of up to $15,000, and a suspension of your driving privileges. If arrested on a misdemeanor warrant it could be upgraded to a felony charge.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You could go to jail. They will think that you did not learn form the prior case.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/26/2013
    Steven Dodge | Steven Dodge
    7960 W. Grand River Ave.
    Brighton, MI 48114
    (810) 220-3916
    You may very well be charged with a felony possession of marijuana, second offense. As to what sentence you might receive, that depends on the assigned judge. What judge has your case?
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/25/2013
    Andrea Storey Rogers |
    P.O. Box 21686
    St. Louis, MO 63139
    (314) 724-5059
    If you have a prior conviction for drug possession, there is no way the Prosecutor will agree to reduce your current charge to "Littering" and just make you pay a fine. If you hire an attorney to represent you, there is a good chance the Prosecutor will agree to an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) and probation.
    Answer Applies to: Missouri - Replied: 1/24/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    No one knows what will happen, but you should be ready for jail.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.