Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will I lose my license for first time DUI?

There's no way to fight this. I failed the breathalyzer. Just wondering if I'll lose my license. If I lose it, then I'll lose my driving job (delivery driver for restaurant). What kind of things should I say to the judge? Can I propose probation with community service? Should I tell the judge that I have a driving job and can lose it all if I lose my license?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    First of all get a lawyer. There may be a way to fight it. . Maybe there can be something worked out to a lesser charge. The suspension is based on your driving record.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/28/2013
    Scott L. Anderson | Anderson Law Office
    4101 Sunset Rd
    Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
    (763) 422-8664
    In MN if you test .08 or more you lose your license for 90 days but you are eligible for interlock. You should check into interlock to save your job.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 2/28/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    First of all, you don't talk to the judge, your pubilc defender or retained lawyer address the court. Second, you will probably get a DWAI violation with a 90 day suspension unless you had a high BAC or accident and then you will get a DWI misdemeanor with a 6 month revocation. You may be able to get a hardship or conditional license but that will only allow you ro go back and forth to work and school, you cannot drive around all day or work as a delivery person. The judge does notcase if youlose your job, he will not allow you to drive and you may have to get an ignition interlock device. The fines are going to be around $500 or more with the surcharge and the ignition interlock device if required is over $1,000.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/28/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Unfortunately, the courts have little sympathy for your job status when you endanger the public by driving drunk. In Illinois, you will lose your license for six months because you failed the breath test. You will be eligible for supervision, which will prevent you from losing the license for a longer period of time. During the suspension, you will be notified by the Secretary of State that you can get a hardship permit for work, but must have a interlock device connected to your car. Hire an attorney and follow his advice, do NOT go in and plead guilty blindly. Remember jail is possible, and your lawyer can do a hell of a lot to prevent jail, and possibly getting a permanent conviction out of this mess.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/27/2013
    James Smith | Law Office of James E. Smith
    7251 Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 300
    Las Vegas, NV 89128
    (702) 460-3765
    Yes, but you can get it back shortly with a hardship application.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 2/27/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.