Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will I lose my financial aid for college if I get charged for pot?

Will drug charge conviction mean I can't go to college?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    It means you will not be eligible for student loans.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/28/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should get a good criminal lawyer, there are many here at Law QA. For a first offense misdemeanor you can get an ACD dismissal and will not have a record.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/26/2013
    Michael E. Dailey | Law Office of Michael E. Dailey
    922 Oak Street
    Kansas City, MO 64106
    (816) 221-7008
    A conviction can result in the loss. of financial aid in many institution. GET TO A LAWYER TO SEE WHAT ALTERNATIVIES MAYNBE AVAILABLE.
    Answer Applies to: Missouri - Replied: 2/26/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Depends on your financial aid package.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 2/26/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    If you have been convicted and sentenced to a penalty which results in a permanent mark on your criminal record, as opposed to some form of expungeable probation or court diversion program, you may lose financial aid.

    I doubt for a pot conviction, that you would be denied admission to a college.

    You should ascertain what effect this "conviction" has on your ability to expunge or seal the record of this case, which you can find out from the Clerk of Court in the county where the case was handled, and if it cannot be expunged, ask the financial aid people if this will affect your chance to get the student loan.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/26/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.