Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will I get time if I got my 2nd DUI charge while on a suspended license?

I got a DUI conviction last year and had my license suspended. I hadn't driven since then but over the weekend was out with some friends and I was the most sober person when we left the bar so I volunteered to drive. Turns out I wasn't sober enough for the cop and got pulled over and got another DUI charge. What am I looking at here?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Scott L. Anderson | Anderson Law Office
    4101 Sunset Rd
    Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
    (763) 422-8664
    In MN you would be charged with a gross misdemeanor which is punishable by a max of a year in jail and/or a $3000 fine. You should seek an attorney asap.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 3/12/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    At least a mandatory 10 days in jail. You need a good lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 3/12/2013
    Darrell B. Reynolds | Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C.
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Suite D
    Decatur, GA 30033
    (404) 636-6616
    It would be in your best interest to retain an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Well the fact that you had another DUI recently makes it likely that you will serve some jail time.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Jared Austin | Austin Legal Services, PLC
    909 N. Washington Ave.
    Lansing, MI 48906
    (517) 614-1983
    The ultimate outcome depends on the judge and prosecutor as each jurisdiction handles them differently. In theory, you are facing up to 180 days in jail, vehicle immobilization, interlock plus fines, costs, higher insurance premiums, etc. Depending on the jurisdiction, you're chance of jail is higher for a second offense than a first. You need to definitely retain the services of an experienced DUI attorney in your area.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.