Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Will I be appointed a attorney when charged with embezzlement?

Are there certain types of crimes in which you need to provide your own attorney, or is there always one appointed to you by the court? I'm facing embezzlement charges and I am not sure if I can afford a lawyer.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Sarkis Jacob Babachanian | Babachanian | Law
    3460 Ocean View Boulevard
    Glendale, CA 91208-3311
    (818) 500-0678
    If you can't afford a lawyer, the court will appoint one. Maybe you'll get a good one who will listen to what you have to say, maybe you'll get a so-so attorney who'll barely have time to tell you what time it is, but you'll get a lawyer. You may have to pay the county back later, though. might be able to afford one after all. Budget a few thousand at least.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/11/2013
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    You need to fill our a financial form to see if you qualify financially. If so you are entitled in California to an appointed attorney for any crime for such you face possible incarceration.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/8/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Whether or not a court will appoint a public defender for your will depend on your financial situation and whether you qualify financially for a court appointed attorney. It doesn't matter what the charges are. Your financial situation is what will or will not qualify you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/7/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    Any criminal case if you cannot afford a private attorney one will be appointed, probably a public defener.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/7/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    Will I be appointed a attorney? If you ask, and if you qualify financially, the court would appoint one. If you don't qualify, then you are facing attorney fees that you would have to discuss and negotiate an agreement.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.