Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Why would my brother not get out on bond for a DUI?

My brother got arrest for DUI and he called me and said they told him he couldn't get out on bond last night. Does that mean maybe he can today? Or how long will he have to stay there? Will he have to go to court? I haven't heard from him today so I just don't know what is happening. Should I call the police station?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Your brother may have some type of hold on him that prevents him from being bailed out. A call to the jail or police station may be helpful in finding out why he cannot be bailed out. A better option is hire an attorney to represent him (since he will need one anyway) and have the attorney find out why bail has not been set. The police or jailer will give an attorney more information than they may give you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/14/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    They usually keep them at least until they are sober or see a judge if there are more problems with the case (like injury).
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/14/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    The court will consider bond at his preliminary appearance. That hearing must take place within 72 hours of his arrest. The court will set bond at that time based on your brother's criminal history and ties to the community.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/14/2013
    Rick Mueller | San Diego DUI Law Center
    4660 La Jolla Village Drive Suite 500
    San Diego, CA 92122
    (800) 843-5293
    Call the police or a California DUI attorney. Sometimes it takes a while.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/14/2013
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    They likely have to set a bond for him, and cannot do that until he goes to court. He will likely need a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 1/14/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.