Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

When responding to a TRO, do I have to file my witnesses papers with the plaintiff and his attorney or just the judge?

When responding to a TRO and I have gotten witnesses to fill out statements, do I have to give copies to the person who filed the TRO against me and/or his lawyer? Or can I just file them with the court clerk for the judge to see? I fear what he may do against them if he doesn't like the truth they will tell about him. He is unstable and has isolated and harassed people in the neighborhood for years. He punched one gentleman in the face for accidentally hitting his car while backing up on the narrow road they share to make room for him to pass. I have just gotten weary of the way he is treating everyone in the neighborhood, when all we want is peace, and I "called him out" to settle it. I am embarrassed by what I said, now. Is there a "best" way I should respond in court at the hearing?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    You have to serve them on the other side and fill out a proof of service that you did and attach it to the original that you file.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/19/2014
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    You must serve them on the other side. There must be a chance to respond by the Petitioner.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/15/2014
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Any documents you use in court, including witness statements, must be shown to the other party and their attorney before a judge will consider looking at them. You should consider hiring an attorney to assist you in court, since you will be subject to cross-examination in court and you will have the opportunity to cross-examine the other party and their witnesses, if any.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/14/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.