Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What will happen to me for being charged with a credit card felony?

I am being charged with a felony for the purchase of 2 pizzas on his card. He gave me the information a while before to use in emergencies. We had a falling out and I lost my job and hadn't eaten in days so I used it with intentions of paying him back. He is pressing charges on that and I live in another state now. I am disabled and have a toddler and I cannot serve jail time. I would gladly pay any fines but have no idea where to start and how to possibly get in touch with him to make arrangements. I fear I will be locked up and my son be taken from me. I was allowed to use the card before. You can look up his history and see where he had me sign for it when we were out. He told me to close the tab up many times and he is not pressing charges for those but just the 2 after the falling out. He gave the card numbers to me and told me what was left on it, under $100. I was starving and I hoped he would understand. I don't want to lose my son.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Bottom line: You were not allowed to use the card when you used it.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 7/14/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Get a lawyer and see what can be worked out. There is a good chance to avoid jail.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 7/10/2013
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    It is unlikely you will get jail time. Likely performing community service, pay a fine, pay restitution and probation. You must make all court dates even though you live out of state now. The fact that you were able to use the card in the past has no weight to the court. Do not use your use your son as an excuse, it will only hurt you since you should have considered that when you committed the theft.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 7/10/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    No one can guarantee what the outcome will be.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 7/9/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.