Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What will happen if I missed a contempt hearing?

I missed a child support contempt hearing.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    They could have ordered jail up to 5 days if it was in the family court. If you were charged with failure to pay in a criminal court there may be a warrant for your arrest.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 8/12/2014
    Linda K. Frieder, Esq. | Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
    15615 Alton Parkway, Suite 450
    Irvine, CA 92618
    (949) 861-1432
    The judge probably issued a bench warrant so the police can pick you up and bring you to court. Your probably going to need an attorney to avoid being put in jail. You really need someone to speak up for you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 8/6/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.