Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What will happen if I have a cash bond set because I have a failure to appear charge and am in contempt for non-payment?

I have a 500 Dollar cash bond set for a failure to appear from a year ago and I am in contempt of non payment. I was never given a new court date after they received my petition for a new original court date due to the fact I live in N.C. and this was to be in M.D. I was also on house arrest for a DUI conviction I earned two years before. I was told over the phone I would be contacted for any further action. I never got another letter or a word about this child or a court case. Please tell me how much this will cost. I pay for two boys one of which is my adopted son and my fiancee just had a girl a few months ago. I am a disabled vet going to college full time and I know I can't let this ride on a public defenders shoulders again.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Disbaled vet going to school for free all the while wasting everyone's time and money.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 12/30/2013
    Stephen P Levine | Milligan, Beswick, Levine, & Knox LLP
    323 W. Court Street
    San Bernardino, CA 92401
    (909) 888-5741
    Why does this question show up on the State of California page?
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/30/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Well you will owe the $500 cash bond and will have to get a lawyer to deal with the matter. Contact a lawyer that is in that area with the court and have them see what can be done.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 12/30/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.