Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What will happen if I call the police if my dad and mom are fighting?

Sometimes my mom and my dad scream and fight and throw things. Then I get scared. I hide because I don't want to get in trouble or get hurt. Sometimes I think he might hurt her and I am scared. I don't know what to do when they fight. Can the police help?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Richard Williams | Law Office of Richard Williams
    301 Government Street, Suite 104
    Mobile, AL 36602
    (251) 272-3765
    If your parents are fighting to the point you are concerned one of them might be harmed consider calling the police so they can respond and diffuse the situation. Possibly, one or the other or both of your parents need some help with their anger issues.
    Answer Applies to: Alabama - Replied: 1/21/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    They can, but one IF not both may be arrested.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 1/18/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    This is a difficult question to answer because there are so many possible outcomes. If you feel threatened or that one of your parents will seriously hurt the other, you should call the police. If you do call the police, a number of things could happen including: 1. The police will come, calm everyone down and leave; or 2. Arrest either one or both of your parents on a charge of domestic violence (a very serious charge) or disturbing the peace (a very minor charge) or something in between. Those are some of the possible outcomes. Unfortunately I cannot tell you what to do.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/17/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    Then one of them will get charged with DV and lose his/her gun rights for life and be forced to attend a long and expensive 52-week DV class, not to mention have a criminal record.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/17/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes they would take one or both to jail and take them to court. The judge can order anger management classes.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/17/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.