Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I expect if I’m being charged with DUI with injury?

I just want to know what to expect when I get in court. I got in a accident and the other driver was injured, a back injury. I got arrested for DUI. Thanks for any info you can give to me.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Gregory Casale | Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
    316 Main St, Suite 400
    Worcester, MA 01608
    (508) 752-7500
    I don't know what you mean by what to expect. You will be arraigned, a pre-trial date will be set to come back with your attorney to demand evidence, than a "Compliance & Election" date will be set for the DA to "comply" with the demand for discovery and for you to "elect" whether or not you are going to trial or submit a proposed plea. If it is a trial, then a trial date will be set and on that date you will have your trial. I hope that is what you were looking for. If you are looking for outcome and sentencing etc., then much more information would be necessary. DO NOT put details of what you did online. Anything that you put online can be used against you. If you want more or different information, you should hire a lawyer. You definitely should have a lawyer anytime that you appear in a criminal court.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 4/13/2013
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    1440 Broadway, Ste. 902
    Oakland, CA 94612
    (510) 645-0027
    If you have injured a person while driving under the influence the prosecutor may choose to file felony DUI charges. The difference between a felony DUI and a misdemeanor DUI is prison exposure, depending upon the severity of the injuries. You should hire a DUI attorney, they may be able to help you beat the felony charges possibly more depending upon the facts of your case.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/12/2013
    Scott L. Anderson | Anderson Law Office
    4101 Sunset Rd
    Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
    (763) 422-8664
    In MN that type of offense would either be a gross misdemeanor or felony offense depending on the seriousness of the injury. Get an attorney asap.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 4/11/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    46 Lovejoy Rd
    Andover, MA 01810
    (978) 807-6512
    A longer suspension and possibly a guilty instead of a CWOF. GET A LAWYER.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 4/11/2013
    Harold L. Wallin | The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin
    33 North Dearborn St
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 346-7730
    You will informed that you need an attorney. If you cannot afford one, you will be screened to see if you qualify for the public defender.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 4/11/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.