Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do to prepare for my pre-trial to two charges I am falsely being accused of?

I am being charged with two separate cases but, they are being put together. One is a switchblade charge. I called the police because I saw kids in my backyard and neighbors' yard. I called twice, asking to remain anonymous. The hbpd knocked on my door and I opened it. I took them into my back yard to explain. While explaining, the officer from behind pulls a "utility knife" from my pocket. And then dismissed my reasoning. Never read my rights, just took the knife. Later I received notice of a charge filed. Side notes: My neighbor's house was broken into not even a couple weeks later, and 2, I was stabbed 9 days after my concerned call.
The other charge is an under the influence of a controlled substance. A friend picked me up to go play pool, I was a passenger. Not knowingly, she ended up getting pulled over and searched. The police found everything on her and nothing on me. Because of my prior stabbing, and major head trauma, the officer worded his questions, to where he some how found me guilty, without a confession. I was taken in, blood work done, and it came up for methamphetamine and Aphatimanes. I am on numerous medications which include my prescription that was taken at the scene, Xanax. The report states I was restless, fidgety, anxious, dry mouth body tremors and etc. I have ADHD, PTSD and sever anxiety, considering the Xanax prescription. What Can I do? Its my pre-trial and my public defender is not doing anything to help.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    You need a good lawyer to represent you whom you can trust. If you can gather the money to hire an experienced criminal law specialist I would do so. Otherwise if you can pinpoint specific things the PD has not done to prepare for trial you can make a "Marsden" motion to get a new one which is very difficult.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/30/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    You need to be talking to your public defender about this. If you feel that your public defender is not helping you or does not have your best interest in mind, then your only other alternative is to hire a private attorney to represent you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/29/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    What should I do to prepare? My public defender is not doing anything to help. When you are represented by counsel, you don't get to do anything except tell your attorney everything about your case. Either cooperate with the PD effectively, or hire a private attorney that knows what to do. PD's don't have the time to hold your hand and give personal attention. That?s what you pay private counsel for.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/29/2013
    William S. Kroger | Kroger Law Group
    8888 Olympic Boulevard, #204
    Beverly Hills, CA 90211
    (323) 655-5700
    You need to contact a lawyer. They will specifically discuss your case and how you need to prepare.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/29/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    You should have a detailed discussion with your attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/29/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.