Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do to involve the justice system in protecting my life after it has been threatened?

My life has been threatened. This threat was verbal, and then put in writing, in an email. I understand THAT is A violation of Law and am worried about the person 'making good' on his threats - but I do not know how to respond, appropriately. Do I just go to a Police Station?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Peter Goldscheider | Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
    438 Cambridge Ave. Suite 250
    Palo Alto, CA 94306
    (650) 323-8296
    That is up to you. Most people who have been threatened in that manner would go to the police.That is what they are for.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/24/2015
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Go to the police station and file a police report. Make sure you bring a copy of the email with you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/29/2014
    Robert Burns | Law Offices of Robert Burns
    4877 Voltaire Street
    San Diego, CA 92107
    (619) 223-0441
    I would make a complaint to the police and get counsel from the police and an attorney on whether to pursue a civil harassment injunction, carry a concealed weapon, increase mechanical and human security, or go into hiding.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 12/29/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.