Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do if I’m being offered a plea for a crime I did not commit?

My husband has been charged with armed robbery and is innocent. He has been appointed a public defender and she's telling him to take the plea of five years. The court has no evidence of the robbery and the charges are only based on "he said/she said." He was arrested in 2012 for the crime and he just returned home in February 2014. We have been in court every week since his return home. Something isn't adding up and I would like to know what can we do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Demand a jury trial and require the state to prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. IF they cannot, he goes free. IF they can, then he will be gone for 12 or more years.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/18/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.