Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do if I was charged with failure to comply with a probation order?

If I was never given a copy of the probation order, and the probationary period expired before I was charged, can my actions be considered a breach of probation? I never received notice.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Brendan M. Kelly | Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    1700 Farnam Street, Suite 2820
    Omaha, NE 68102
    (402) 455-1711
    You may have some valid defenses. I would speak with a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska - Replied: 1/22/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    You should discuss the matter with your probation officer. If formally charged with VOP, I suggest you hire or contact your attorney for advice on how to proceed.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 1/21/2013
    Dan Fenaughty | Fenaughty & Associates, PC
    2 N Cascade Ave.
    Colorado Springs, CO 80903
    (719) 277-6626
    The charge must be made within 30 days after probation expires.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 1/21/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    Suggest you retain counsel.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/21/2013
    Seth L. Reszko | Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
    6235 S. Pecos Road, Suite 108
    Las Vegas, NV 89120
    (702) 727-7777
    I don't know if that will be a valid defense. It could depend on why you didn't receive the probation order. If it was your fault for not obtaining your probation order, that will not be a valid defense. Otherwise, it is a technical defense and you never know. However, contact your lawyer and see if the violation can be worked out, especially as it sounds, you had already completed the terms of your probation.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 1/21/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.