Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do if I got a DUI in another state and I can’t go to court for it?

I live in New York and I got it in Vegas. I can't afford to go back to Nevada to go to court to fight it. I spent 2 days in jail in Vegas. Can I just plead guilty and pay fines from NY? I'm confused on what to do. Can I get in trouble for not being there because I live in NY?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    1489 Warm Springs Rd., # 110
    Henderson, NV 89014
    (702) 966-8270
    You need to get a Nevada attorney. The judges here require a personal appearance for entering a guilty plea in a DUI. You can take the required classes in New York. The personal appearance is needed so the judge is satisfied you understand what you are doing. It may be possible to appear telephonically. You can't ignore this charge as a bench warrant will issue and if you are stopped in New York you could be held for up to 30 days. It could also affect you when you go to renew your driver's license in New York.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 3/13/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.