Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do if I am being accused of drug possession?

I had a party at my place over the weekend and the cops came. Some punk kid was doing a bunch of cocaine in one of the bathrooms and the cops found it. The kid had the nerve to tell them that it was mine. I don't even know who he was because someone else invited him. Is it just his word against mine? I don't know what to do.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    If the drugs were found in the bathroom with him or on him then he will be the one assumed to possess them. Yo do not say if you were charged. If you were charged your lawyer will probably beat the case if all the prosecutor has is his word against yours.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/9/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    You should not say or write anything else about what did or did not happen. Instead, you should seek a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 1/16/2013
    Mark A. Broughton | Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
    2445 Capital Street
    Fresno, CA 93721
    (559) 233-5333
    You should consult/hire a good criminal defense attorney. There are many factors that can determine the outcome of your case. On the other hand, just because you were "accused" does not mean that actual charges will result from it. "Charged" and "accused" are much different things.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/16/2013
    Michael E. Dailey | Law Office of Michael E. Dailey
    922 Oak Street
    Kansas City, MO 64106
    (816) 221-7008
    Obviously you need to be talking to a lawyer to evaluate the risk and determine how difficult this is going to be.
    Answer Applies to: Missouri - Replied: 1/16/2013
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    Retain an attorney and do not make any statement to the police without him.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/16/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4 5
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.