Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do if a girl is accusing me of rape?

This girl is saying I raped her. I DID NOT. She was a little drunk, but we both were. Now she's saying I raped her! I don't know if she's gone to the police but I'm really worried I'll get in trouble for something I didn't do. I've heard she accused another guy of it a few years ago.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Do not say or write anything about it, because it might be used in evidence against you. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecutions case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 2/26/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    Do not talk to her or have any contact about this incident. If questioned, exercise right to be silent and an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/23/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should call an attorney and tell him exactly what happened. You should not talk to anyone about this, especially the police. I would avoid this girl and just hope she is just trying to punish you.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 2/20/2013
    Jared Austin | Austin Legal Services, PLC
    909 N. Washington Ave.
    Lansing, MI 48906
    (517) 614-1983
    The best advice is to not speak to anyone with details about the matter and do not agree to speak to the police without first consulting with a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 2/19/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    46 Lovejoy Rd
    Andover, MA 01810
    (978) 807-6512
    Hire a lawyer ASAP.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 2/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.