Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do if the accused contacts me during our case?

I am on the prosecuting side of the case as I was the one attacked. We're in the "middle" of our case and I received a phone call from the person who attacked me. They said they want to deal with this out of court. What do I do as to not mess up the court case?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    David Axinn | David M. Axinn, Attorney at Law
    106 Hollidaysburg Plaza
    Duncansville, PA 16635
    (814) 695-5518
    You should let the District Attorney, or Victim-Witness coordinator know about this. It may be a violation of the Defendant's bail conditions to contact you directly. Because this is a criminal case, it is not proper for you and the Defendant to settle it between yourselves: the prosecutor would need to be involved.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania - Replied: 4/9/2013
    William R. Pelger | Pelger Law
    2108 West Street
    Munhall, PA 15120
    (412) 461-1900
    You should have no contact with him. If you by chance want to settle the case for money, have your attorney handle that. Its tricky but an experienced attorney can navigate the parameters of ethics and settle the case for restitution.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania - Replied: 4/8/2013
    Joseph I. Silverzweig | Midway Law
    150 N Main Street
    Heber City, UT 84032
    (435) 659-7380
    Report this contact immediately to the prosecutor. What you have described is witness tampering and a crime.
    Answer Applies to: Utah - Replied: 4/8/2013
    Mel Dunn | Mel Dunn
    100 N. Center
    Casper, WY 82601
    (307) 267-7758
    Let the prosecutor know and tell the accused you do not wish to talk about the situatoin with him/her.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 4/8/2013
    Christopher G Humphrey | Law Office of Christopher G Humphrey PC
    P.O. Box 4216
    Cheyenne, WY 82003
    (307) 222-2448
    If you want to prevent future calls from the perpetrator of a crime, notify the Prosecutor. You cannot settle a criminal case out of Court.
    Answer Applies to: Wyoming - Replied: 4/8/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.