Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do after getting arrested for soliciting a prostitute?

I have no prior arrests or anything of that nature, got caught soliciting a prostitute who ended up being a cop undercover. They arrested me on the spot and brought me to the station. I really would like to avoid going to jail and having my family and employer find out about this.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Eric Sterkenburg | Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
    16478 Beach Boulevard, No. 329
    Westminster, CA 92683
    (562) 477-6940
    If you hire an attorney, you should only need to go to court on the day that you are sentenced. Your attorney may get you a plea bargain offer that does not involve the stigma of a solicitation charge. Depending on the facts, your attorney may get the charges dropped or a not guilty at trial. Hire an attorney. An attorney will give you better advice after reviewing the evidence against you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/22/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    You need to hire a lawyer. This will probably be reduced to a lesser charge, depending on the county and the DA. Your employer or family should not find out unless there is a background check, if you have a job which requires yearly checks or unless you are in an area where they publish the names of people arrested in the area. You can get the mandatory AIDS test, after conviction, at a clinic run by people you do not know so you doctor does not disclose the information.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/20/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    What should you do? Defend the charges. When charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained in a search or statement be used against you, can you be convicted, and what can you do? If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, programs, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/20/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    You should hire an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 4/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.