Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What should I do after a domestic assault where I was not the aggressor?

My father and I got into it. He stated that I kept coming at him in the police report and he put my arm behind my back and he went to the kitchen where I followed him and then he put me in a head lock which bloodied his lip. He told police that he did not know how it happened (his bloody lip). I said I surrender for it was life threatening. Then the police were called and they asked me how my dad bloodied his lip and told them that he was the aggressor and put me in a head lock. Then they told me I was under arrest. What should I do?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    Prosecutors will never drop charges just because the victim has had a change of heart/story. The fact is, in 95% of all DV cases the parties reconcile, and prosecutors are well aware of this. You need a good lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/29/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Quit talking to the police, get a lawyer and fight the matter.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 7/29/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Hire a good attorney to look into the case and represent you to the best of his ability. If you have any witnesses to co-oberate your version of the facts, be sure to provide your lawyer with this information, as well.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 7/29/2013
    Gregory Casale | Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
    316 Main St, Suite 400
    Worcester, MA 01608
    (508) 752-7500
    You really should hire an attorney. There are ways to get through this with both complaints dismissed but I would have to know more facts than you should be posting online. Essentially you should either both have complaints that then can be mutually dismissed. An attorney should be able to steer you through this.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts - Replied: 7/29/2013
    Dan E. Chambers | Chambers Law Firm
    2600 Michelson Drive
    Irvine, CA 92612
    (949) 246-1475
    You need to hire an attorney to represent you if you can afford it. This is a classic case of conflicting stories that requires you to have a good attorney protecting you.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/29/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.