Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What’s the punishment if I withhold information from police?

I saw something happen that I wish I didn't see and I want to just keep my mouth shut. It wasn't totally horrible but it would implicate someone I know and I'd prefer not to do it. There's been some odd stuff going on in our neighborhood and I get the feeling police are going to come around door to door and ask some questions and I'm nervous about how to answer.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    William R. Pelger | Pelger Law
    2108 West Street
    Munhall, PA 15120
    (412) 461-1900
    You have the right to remain silent at all times but it gets a little sticky if you withhold information that could save another person's life.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania - Replied: 3/13/2013
    Benjamin Partee | Partee Law
    6 W Main St.
    Chillicothe, OH 45601
    (740) 772-1222
    You have no obligation to speak with the police. However, if you talk with them and give false information, you could be charged with filing a false report or with obstruction. Your best plan of action would be to decline to talk unless you have an attorney present.
    Answer Applies to: Ohio - Replied: 3/13/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.