Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What kind of legal trouble can I get into for harboring a fugitive?

I don't live at home anymore after I turned 18 and neither did my brother but he got involved with some bad people and the cops are looking for him for a robbery with a bunch of his friends. I know he is hiding out at my mom's house and I'm real worried about what kind of trouble she can get it for this happening. I don't think he actually had anything to do with the robbery but I think he is real scared.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    The charge is called Accessory after the fact. Yes your mother can get in trouble if she knowingly hides a fugitive. It is a felony an can carry prison.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/24/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Your mother will be going to prison IF she knows that he is wanted, and he is caught at her home, even IF it is proven that he: (1) had nothing to do with the robbery; (2) was really, really scared.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/23/2013
    B. Elaine Jones | The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
    P.O. Box 2664, Brandon
    Brandon, FL 33509
    (813) 681-8383
    This is called aiding and abetting a fugitive which is a serious charge. Your mom needs to retain an attorney for your brother and make arrangements to talk to the cops. this is not going to go away. Your brother's charges are really serious. You need to convince your family to consult with a local attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Florida - Replied: 3/22/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. Consider seeking a confidential consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Beware that online posts are not confidential. If somehow the prosecution were to find your post, then it might be used in evidence against you.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 3/22/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.