Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What kind of attorney do I need for a false reporting felony?

We were told they had been robbed at the desk of the hotel. The police came and told us to go to our room. We called the front desk to find out what was going on and they didn't answer. I called the police and they came and arrested me!! The girl at the desk went home and comes back a couple hours later while I face felony charges. Oh guess what? She finds the jewelry! I'm still facing a C felony charge. I finally got it dropped to misuse of 911 but still 60 days of hell. What kind of crime is this class? I thought and my wife thought the desk was being robbed, and now of days they ask you to be vigilant and report? I want to know if the hotel is responsible for anything? This was terrible for my wife and I. We have three boys at home. This happened last March.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    You may be able to sue the hotel for their negligence, and for your inconvenience in being jailed and humiliated in the manner you were.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 7/24/2013
    Jason Savela | Connell-Savela
    250 Arapahoe Avenue, Suite 301
    Boulder, CO 80302
    (303) 865-4545
    That sounds awful, you were a potential victim of theft and the cops treat you like a criminal. You should have spoken with a criminal defense attorney after arrested. Now, are you trying to sue the hotel? If so I do not think you have much.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 7/24/2013
    Maurice Ross | Barton Barton & Plotkin
    420 Lexington Avenue
    New York, NY 10170
    (973) 896-7190
    Sorry but your question is not clear. You need a criminal defense and civil rights lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 7/24/2013
    Ernest DuBose | Ernest DuBose
    155 Water St
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    (646) 704-3262
    You would need a civil attorney to sue the person who made the false allegations.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 7/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.