Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What happens next if I was arrested for drunk driving?

I was arrested for drunk driving in Chicago (but I live in Aurora) and blew a .09. I spent a night in jail and bonded out. What should I do now? Do I have to hire a lawyer or can I just tell the judge I was guilty, I'm sorry, ask for a reduced sentence?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Eric J. Bell | Law Offices of Eric J. Bell
    180 N LaSalle St, Ste 1821
    Chicago, IL 60601
    (312) 377-8416
    You should hire a lawyer and potentially fight the case. Your blow is barely over the legal limit. I do not know the other facts of your case, but you should hire an experienced DUI lawyer to protect your rights.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/20/2013
    Vincent C. Machroli | Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
    High Point Plaza
    Hillside, IL 60162-1949
    (708) 449-7400
    You most definitely need to schedule a consultation with an experienced DUI defense attorney. The money you spend to get quality representation in a DUI case is an investment that you will look back on & be confident you got an excellent return on.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/19/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Hire an attorney right away. You never enter a blind plea of guilty without knowing what the outcome will be. A lawyer will get discovery, which includes the police reports, and determine the best way to resolve the case, be it by filing motions, plea bargaining with the State's Attorney, or trial, be it bench or jury.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/19/2013
    Harold L. Wallin | The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin
    33 North Dearborn St
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 346-7730
    You will need an attorney to discuss you options, review the evidence and to decide whether to take your case to trial or to work out the best possible plea negotiation.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 2/19/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.