Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What happens if you do not show up for court?

Overlooked the sheet that had my date in court and missed it. The sheet got misplaced, I should have called. Are they gonna come get me?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    R. Jason de Groot | R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    Deltona, FL 32728-5775
    (386) 337-8239
    A warrant for your arrest will be entered and you may also be charged with failure to appear.
    Answer Applies to: Florida - Replied: 3/25/2013
    B. Elaine Jones | The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
    P.O. Box 2664, Brandon
    Brandon, FL 33509
    (813) 681-8383
    There most likely is a bench warrant for your arrest. That is what the Judge does when you fail to appear. If that is the case, you must turn yourself in and what for a court date. Or you can retain an attorney who could file a Motion to Recall the Warrant and schedule a hearing. You would turn yourself in at the hearing and the Judge would set bond. Once you are processed and pay bond, you will be released.
    Answer Applies to: Florida - Replied: 3/25/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.