Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What happens if I failed a breath test on my interlock?

Will I get in trouble for no passing it and trying to drive drunk? Do they keep track of that? Should I tell my probation officer?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    1440 Broadway, Ste. 902
    Oakland, CA 94612
    (510) 645-0027
    If the ignition interlock was installed as part of your settlement in court (plea bargain), your positive test is likely to be treated as a probation violation. These devices can have false positives, these types of charges can be defended, you should consult a DUI attorney in your area to discuss your situation.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/4/2013
    Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
    39300 Civic Center Drive #110
    Fremont, CA 94538
    (510) 792-5110
    They will find probably out, call the company and see if they report failed tests to the courts. If they report any failed attempt to start a car, you might as well report it to your probation officer.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/4/2013
    Terry Nelson | Nelson & Lawless
    2134 Main St., #130
    Huntington Beach, CA 92648
    (714) 960-7584
    Nothing. Keep quiet. Stop driving after drinking.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/4/2013
    Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
    74-075 El Paseo, Suite A-14
    Palm Desert, CA 92260
    (760) 779-9666
    If the test was .08 or above you could be charged with a new dui. If under that, you would likely be in violation of your probation.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/4/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.