Submit ZIP Code

Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What happens if I fail an interlock test?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    A. Bowden Houser | The Houser Law Firm, P.C.
    1007 Hargett Street
    Jacksonville, NC 28540
    (910) 333-9679
    If your talking about failing while its attached to your car - you should know the answer to that - the immediate result is that your car won't start and you'd have to disable certain parts of the interlock and then hot wire the car to to get it going. Of course, if you did that you're going to have more problems than merely failing the test. If you are concerned about what happens after that, you'll most likely lose your limited driving privilege unless you can prove the failure was the result of something other than your consumption of alcohol - which will be exceptionally difficult to do.
    Answer Applies to: North Carolina - Replied: 3/28/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    The car will not start. And for some types of interlock this will be reported to probation.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/27/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    Could result in a probation violation.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/27/2013
    Charles M. Schiff | Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
    925 South First Street
    St Cloud, MN 56301
    (320) 259-0699
    Your vehicle will not start and the failure will be reported to the state. Any right to drive you enjoy at the time of the failure will be withdrawn.
    Answer Applies to: Minnesota - Replied: 3/27/2013
    Cynthia Henley | Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    7626 E. Jordan Cove
    Houston, TX 77055-5053
    (713) 222-1220
    Your probation or bond can be revoked and you can be kept from driving for whatever period of time is relevant.
    Answer Applies to: Texas - Replied: 3/27/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.