Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What happens if an 18 year old gets a 16 year old pregnant?

I need to know what would happen if an 18 yr old male, got a 15 year old female pregnant. It was all 100% consensual. She will be turning 16 next month, and he just turned 18. They were both under 18 when the pregnancy occurred. Will my son face any kind of charges like molestation or possible rape due to their ages?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    You should have advised your son that having sex with a girl under 17 is statutory rape and she cannot legally consent. Retain a good criminal lawyer and make sure no one talks to the police no matter what. You cannot let anyone talk to doctors, nurses, or anyone about who the father is or he will be arrested for statutory rape and be a registered sex offender.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 4/4/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    In Michigan he can face up to 15 years in prison since a 15 year old is incapable of giving consent. Even if they say yes it is still a crime.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/3/2013
    William L. Welch, III | William L. Welch, III Attorney
    111 South Calvert Street
    Baltimore, MD 21045
    (410) 385-5630
    Anyone might be chartroom the crime, regardless of whether he has in fact broken the law.
    Answer Applies to: Maryland - Replied: 4/3/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    A 15 year old CANNOT consent.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 4/3/2013
    Steve Freeborn | Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    33400 9th Avenue S. Suite 208
    Federal Way, WA 98003
    (253) 838-4477
    A child under the age of consent, cannot by law consent. The fact that the girl may have consented to sex is irrelevant, because she was only 15. Many states have somewhat different laws on this issue so you may want to consult with an attorney in your area. Your son could be looking at statutory rape charges. All things aside, I seriously question the financial and emotional ability of these two individuals to deal with the issues of pregnancy and to care for a new born.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 4/3/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.