Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What’s going to happen when I’m arrested for check fraud?

I know it's coming because the person I gave the check to said they contacted the police already. What's going to happen to me? It was for 2 checks, totaling $525. Do I need to hire an attorney? Should I just turn myself in so I don't have to sit around and wonder when they're going to come arrest me?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Vincent C. Machroli | Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
    High Point Plaza
    Hillside, IL 60162-1949
    (708) 449-7400
    A skilled criminal defense attorney would need to discuss this matter with you in greater detail, & ask you many questions, before he/she could give you the proper legal advice (and a quote) you are seeking. You should schedule a consultation ASAP. Once the case is resolved to your satisfaction, you'll be glad you paid the money to hire her/him & properly protect your legal rights.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/29/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Yes you need to hire an attorney. Do not give any statements to the police. Do not plead guilty right away since you would give up all your bargaining power.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/27/2013
    Timothy J. Klisz | Klisz Law Office, PLLC
    39111 W. Six Mile Rd.
    Livonia, MI 48152
    (313) 402-0853
    No. Never turn yourself in without an attorney. Hire a local expert now.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/27/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    You may be asked to come to the station for questioning, or they may issue a warrant for your arrest. That is up to the law enforcement authorities. I have seen it done both ways. You should hire a lawyer right away, as these sound like felony charges which possibly can send you to prison, if convicted. I would advise having the lawyer ready to represent you, even if for an interview with the police.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/27/2013
    Dennis John Woods | Dennis John Woods, Attorney at Law
    2479 Astoria Blvd.
    Canton, MI 48188
    (734) 340-3630
    You get a lawyer and defend. Do not plead anything but "not guilty".
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/27/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.