Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What is going to happen to my son who filed a false police report?

My son that has a history of theft sold a device that I was renting on the internet. The device did not have any identifying marks that would suggest that I was renting it, or that it belonged to me. He played stupid for about a week, and when I accused him of stealing it, he filed a police report claiming that someone else had stole it. The police found out the truth by tracking the device and now he is being charged with filing a false report.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Leonard J. Levenson | Leonard J. Levenson Attorney At Law
    225 Broadway, Rm 1804
    New York, NY 10007
    (212) 732-0522
    No one knows what will happen to him. the best thing to do is to ask his lawyer. It depends on his past criminal history, the temperament of the judge and the attitude of the District attorney.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 4/18/2013
    Joel M. Lutwin | Lutwin & Lutwin, LLP
    401 Broadway
    New York, NY 10013
    (212) 431-5757
    Get him a good attorney.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 4/18/2013
    Maurice Ross | Barton Barton & Plotkin
    420 Lexington Avenue
    New York, NY 10170
    (973) 896-7190
    This is a potentially serious offense. Given his past record, he surely will face some jail time and a possible felony conviction. He should retain criminal defense counsel ASAP.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 4/18/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.