Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What is going to happen to my son who is a college student charged with a small amount of marijuana?

I'm not sure what's going to happen to him. My son has a preliminary hearing on March 26, 2013. His charges are small amount of marijuana, personal use and drug paraphernalia. He wasn't kicked out of school. The other student said he put in his backpack was kicked out. My son gets financial aid. Could you give some direction?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    He should get a lawyer and either fight the matter or see if he can get a deal where he ends up with no record.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/9/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    Retain a good lawyer to get an ACD dismissal. As long as he is not re-arrested the case will be dismissed and sealed after 6 months.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/7/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    My direction would be that you should provide your son with attorney if at of all possible. Even minor drug charges can have disastrous effects on the future.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/6/2013
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Retain an attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/6/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Hard to predict what will happen, but if a first offense, your son will probably get some form of probation. He should have a lawyer, or ask the judge for a public defender, if he is indigent. He should be eligible for some form of a court diversion program which may make the arrest and case expungeable in the future.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/6/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.