Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What is going to happen to my husband if he is convicted of embezzlement?

My husband works for the state. For the sake of preserving his identity, I don't want to say which one. I am really worried about what is going to happen if he gets convicted. We have four children together and I don't work.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    Depending on his record, he may he looking at prison. How many state employees are there working for AL, GA or NJ? No one is going to figure out who he is.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 3/5/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    More than likely lose his job. Sentencing depends on any prior arrests and convictions, the facts of the case, the prosecutor and the judge. It is advised you have a good attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/3/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    He should retain a good criminal lawyer. He might get probation with restitution if it was under $10,000 and he does not have a prior record.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 3/2/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Embezzlement usually carries a stiff prison sentence depending on a lot of factors including the amount of money allegedly stolen. If you have not done so already, you should hire an attorney for him.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 2/28/2013
    Randy M. Lish | Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law
    2155 N. Freedom Blvd.
    Provo, UT 84604
    (801) 235-9400
    Depending on a lot of factors, he could get prison time, or just a fine and probation, with restitution. This depends on the facts, how much was taken, his prior record, etc.
    Answer Applies to: Utah - Replied: 2/28/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.