Submit ZIP Code

Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What do I do if there is a conflict of interest with the judge in my son’s case?

There was a shanty robbed and the next day apparently burned down. My husband's son is the one who committed the crime and plead guilty to charges for both. His case remained in juvenile. Well my son is not sure if he was there or not but is being charged with complicity for arson and burglary. His case was transferred to adult court. My husband's son's mother bought the alcohol from what one individual's testimony was in my son's hearing and my son tried to tell the attorney at the time that his step brother bragged about his mom buying the alcohol but no one wants to press the issue on this because my husbands ex-wife's dad use to be the mayor, worked for the judge in the past, and worked for a few other attorneys. I kept most of my son's juvenile court papers, and what was testified in court is different on the court papers. My son and my husband's son's PO did a lot of the note taking and recording. Well now here is where the confusion is. There is a no contact order through the court but the gentleman of the shanty kept coming on our property and it got to the point where we called the sheriff on him. My son lives on this property too and juvenile court did nothing about this and we kept telling the detective this gentleman was coming on our property where my son lives and the detective said he told the individual not to do that or it will blow his case. We tried to tell my son's attorney in juvenile court but it was like he was not listening or something. Now my husband's (ex-wife) son's mother worked for the judge my son has been going in front of and has made comments to a bailiff. My husband even heard her say this, asking if her old boss (the judge) was upstairs and if there was any way she could talk to him, as well as that she talked to the judge's wife a few days beforehand. This was in a custody hearing with her and my husband. Two days later the indictment was put into the court for my son.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney

There are no answers to the question at this time. Please check back with us later.

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.