Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What do I do if parents say I threatened their child for cyber bullying?

My son has been the victim of cyber bullying for several weeks now from an anonymous online user on a social networking site they use. The user sent my son all sorts of profane comments and harsh put-downs as well. My son finally found out who the bully was, turns out it was a fellow class mate who was not fond of my son. I'm a protective father, I love my children and I confronted this issue for him. I picked my son up from school and told the other little boy that bullying is wrong, mean and that it needed to stop immediately or legal action could be taken against him (an adult bluff to put a little scare in him). The child in turn, went home, telling his parents I threatened his life if he continued speaking with my son. Saying they were best friends and entirely warping the story like a scared child does. Now the parents are wanting to take me to court for threatening there child, stating I'm a danger to all children. I just wanted to protect my own child. Can I face any severe charges if this actually sticks through?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Timothy J. Klisz | Klisz Law Office, PLLC
    39111 W. Six Mile Rd.
    Livonia, MI 48152
    (313) 402-0853
    Anything can happen to anyone. If the parents seek police involvement, they may come calling. If so, say NOTHING and immediately hire a lawyer before any other mistakes are made. Otherwise, I get what you are saying here and I bet the kid doesn't try bullying anymore.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/25/2013
    Mark A. Manning | Mark A. Manning, PC.
    213 Paw Paw Street
    Paw Paw, MI 49079
    (269) 657-3191
    I doubt it. In retrospect I would have printed off the items and given them to the school to intervene or to have contacted the child's parents directly.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/25/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You want to get a lawyer and seek a restraining order against this kid from bullying your child.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/24/2013
    Jeffery L. Fanto | Law Offices of Jeffery L. Fanto
    8040 Allen Road
    Allen Park, MI 48101
    (313) 610-6047
    It is unlikely any charges will be brought under the circumstances described. If the police do happen to request you speak with them, do not do so without the advice of counsel. In the future I would suggest dealing with this sort of thing through the school or through contact with the parents, not the children.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/24/2013
    Sally Hamblin | Hamblin Law Office
    4015 W. Houghton Lake Drive
    Houghton Lake, MI 48629
    (228) 224-7120
    Once the facts are sorted out properly, generally chances are slim. Do not talk to that little bully again. I understand your tactic and now the kid lying. Next time, confront the parents. Save copies of the messages if possible. Advise your son to not talk to the kid if can be avoided. Criminally, it does not appear there is wrongdoing on its face, but it all depends on what lies will surface.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 4/24/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.