Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What do I do if I just found out there’s a warrant out for my arrest?

I recently found out that I have had a warrant out for my arrest for nearly 2 years. The warrant was issued on a misdemeanor charge. I was unaware of this warrant because I have been traveling around the country continuously. I don't want to be "on the run" but really don't want to face a harsh sentencing because of information I didn't know about. What possible options do I have for this?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    You turn yourself in. Either you will retain an attorney before you turn yourself in, or not.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 6/20/2013
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You get a lawyer and take care of the matter. That is your best option.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 6/20/2013
    Eric Sterkenburg | Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
    16478 Beach Boulevard, No. 329
    Westminster, CA 92683
    (562) 477-6940
    Your best option is to go to the court where the warrant was issued and have the clerk put the case on calendar. Before your case is called talk with the Public Defender and have him, pull the court file to see what is happening on your case. He will then advise you on what to do.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 6/19/2013
    Alexis Plunkett | Law Office of Alexis Plunkett
    2657 Windmill Parkway #613
    Henderson, NV 89074
    (702) 675-4613
    You should retain defense counsel and then turn yourself in. When you turn yourself in, inform the police that you have already hired counsel.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 6/18/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    You can make a run for the border. Head OUT of the country while everyone else is coming into the country! ?Seriously, you should contact a lawyer in the county where the warrant originated, and have him find out what it was for, why was it issued, and what amount of bail would be necessary to remain free and out of jail. Eventually, you probably will have to turn yourself in and have the warrant formally served. You are correct: if you get caught on this warrant, be sure the consequences would be more severe than if you take care of the situation, and turn yourself into the authorities in the county of origin.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 6/18/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.