Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What do I do if I got a DUI last night?

I'm out of the jail now but what's next? How do I hire a lawyer to fight these charges? I was not drunk. I only had 2 glasses of wine at a 3 hour dinner. There is no way the breath test was done right. It said I was .09

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    You need to call around and talk with lawyers to see who you want. The matter depends on what type of wine, what was eaten, you weight and metabolism etc. How big were those two glasses?
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 3/24/2013
    Laurie Schmidt | Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt, P.C.
    Law Offices of Laurie A. Schmidt, P.C.
    Denver, CO 80203
    (303) 747-4686
    I would search for DUI attorney's in your area. In Colorado you only have a short period of time to request a hearing through the DMV. If the request is not made, the DMV will take whatever action it deems necessary, including suspending your license. As to the criminal charges (these are different then DMV) you may have a defense as to the reason for the stop and the manner and way in which the breath test was issued.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado - Replied: 3/24/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    You need an attorney to fight these charges. How you find one varies.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 3/22/2013
    Harold L. Wallin | The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin
    33 North Dearborn St
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 346-7730
    I would recommend doing a search of attorneys that specialize in DUIs in the city or county where you were arrested. Schedule a few consultations and then retain someone to get started defending your case.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/22/2013
    Timothy J. Thill | Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    261 E. Quincy ST
    Riverside, IL 60546
    (708) 443-1200
    Hire a lawyer who regularly practices DUI cases in the county where the crime occurred. It is almost impossible to beat a breath test, but maybe your lawyer can find some procedure that the police messed up on your case. Good luck!
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 3/22/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.