Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can we do if a boy from school is getting a domestic violence restraining order on my daughter?

My daughter is 17 years old. She was called on the 20th to appear in the Barstow court for a domestic violence restraining order filed by a 17 year old boy who she knows from school. He filed this on the 18th of September towards her. What should we do first? This is bogus. She is not his girlfriend and doesn't want to be and he does this to her out of spite to intimidate her into submission to date him. It is crazy.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Ernest Lee | Lee Law Group
    Lee Law Group
    La Mesa, CA 91942
    (619) 806-8017
    First, you should contact the school and tell them what is going on. Take any evidence you have to ensure you are believed. If it is all bogus, they should be able to advise you and maybe put a stop to the boy's activities. Then you should contact the boy's parents and explain that he, and they since he is a minor, could be sued for improper use of [legal] process, defamation and other causes if he does not remove the restraining order and dismiss the court case. I would also demand a written, and an in court apology. Of course, if the boy and his parents refuse you must bring these legal actions.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 9/25/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Hire an attorney to represent her.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 9/23/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.