Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can I expect at a pre-trial date for a misdemeanor violation of public intoxication?

I have a case coming up that is a misdemeanor violations pre-trial disorderly conduct public intoxication. I did have 2 drunk driving tickets about 15 years ago so I have not drank in 15 years. I just let me not finding a job get the best of me. But I pick myself back up and I have not had a drink since I got the ticket back in August 29, 2013. I still don't have a job and I am 53 years old. I don't want this to go on my record as a fresh misdemeanor and no I was not driving, just intoxicated in public. Please help. What can I expect on the pre-trial date? I don't have the money to get a lawyer and this is my first offense since 15 years ago. On my trial date they told me to report to the city attorney and there was something else on the form L-17 lower level what does this mean? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    Ask for an appointed attorney to help you. Maybe something can be done to avoid getting a conviction.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/21/2014
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    If there is no diversion option, you should work out a plea with the prosecutor. I am assuming you have a public defender. You likely will be sentenced to have an alcohol/drug evaluation and take any prescribed treatment. You will also have to pay a fine and do community service. You can expunge your record after you have completed probation.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/20/2014
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. By yourself you're going to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/20/2014
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    You can expect an offer yo resolve that will be new conviction. Especially if you are representing yourself.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/20/2014
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.