Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can I do when a female acquaintance lied and told the police I hit her during an argument?

We aren't girl/boyfriend. We had a argument and before it got nasty I left her home. She then called the police. They have been calling me and even been to my home. I work for school safety and am a private school head coach. What are my options? What should I prepare for? How do I get out of this lie? Where do I turn so i don't lose my jobs?

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
    5005 Lapeer Rd
    Burton, MI 48509
    (810) 743-2960
    What you need to do is three things. First hire a lawyer. Second do not talk to anyone about this. Third if there is a case filed then go with the lawyer and turn yourself in.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 1/11/2013
    Seth L. Reszko | Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
    6235 S. Pecos Road, Suite 108
    Las Vegas, NV 89120
    (702) 727-7777
    Based upon the consequences of the case, I strongly recommend you hire an attorney. If you haven't appeared in court yet the Judge will decide on your first court appearance whether you can afford your own attorney or whether an attorney must be appointed to represent you. If the victim made a false story, you and your attorney will have an opportunity to present your case at trial and cross examine the girlfriend. The girlfriend might change her story, choose not to testify or crumble on cross-examination. You and your attorney will have an opportunity to discuss the strategy and all defenses available to you. Also, prior to the trial, the attorney should have an opportunity to discuss the case with the District Attorney or City Attorney. If the City Attorney or DA is convinced that the victim is making up the story, you have an opportunity to have the charges lowered or dismissed.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 1/8/2013
    Craig Andersen | Andersen Law PLLC
    10000 NE 7th Ave Suite 330B
    Vancouver, WA 98685
    (360) 397-0111
    You need to hire an attorney and meet with the police.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 1/8/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    You turn to an attorney to represent you. Do not speak to the police or anyone else without an attorney present.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/7/2013
    Jared C. Winter | Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    385 Grand Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94610
    (510) 903-8090
    Under no circumstances should you talk to the police about this. You are not obligated to return their calls and you shouldn't. If they come to your house or your workplace, tell them you will not make any statements. If criminal charges end up being filed, hire a criminal defense lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 1/7/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2 3 4
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.