Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can I do if there is a warrant out for me for prescription fraud but I am innocent?

I was with a man that beat me on a regular basis. I worked 40 to 60 hours a week at a nursing home. While I was at work I had no clue he was selling drugs. He was arrested and his bond was too high to get him out. He had a reduced bail hearing and had me pick up his meds from the drug store as usual. I lost my job when it hit the papers that he was arrested. I flushed the meds down the toilet and got with a life long friend. I am happy now other than that I hear they have a warrant for my arrest for prescription fraud. I've never been to jail. I thought I had a chance to move on with my life. I keep getting dragged back it seems. I'm unsure what to do. He always picked up his medication. For the past 4 years I've been doing as I was told, was beat while pregnant and while holding my then 1 year old just to name a few. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I guess I learned not to think at the time and just do as I was told. I have a great chance now. I need help to try to keep making improvements on my life.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Lawrence Lewis, PC | Lawrence Lewis
    242 Culver Street, Suite103
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (678) 407-9300
    IF there is a warrant, you are going to jail. So, put your either your bond money together, or your attorney money together.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia - Replied: 11/29/2013
    Francis John Cowhig | Universal Law Group, Inc.
    430 S. Garfield Avenue
    Alhambra, CA 91801
    (626) 308-9936
    Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. The warrant will need to be taken care of asap. Although the chances of the police coming to arrest you are slim, if you are stopped, the warrant will show up and you will be arrested on the spot. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 11/25/2013
    Jeff Yeh | Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    3810 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1110
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 446-2495
    You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you. As for the underlying charge, it is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 11/25/2013
    John J. Carney | The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    401 East 34th Street
    New York, NY 10016
    (917) 696-2363
    The first time a man beats you it is totally his fault and you should leave him.If you continue to stay with a man that is beating you,abusing you, or is not being kind and supportive then you are an enabler and partly responsible for the situation.You should never pick up a prescription for another person, especially one who you know is a criminal. Retain a good criminal lawyer to deal with the police and the charges and do not talk to the authorities no matter what they threaten or promise. You must make good decisions in life or things can go really wrong and the consequences of those bad decisions can ruin your life. Good luck, make sure the next man is educated, kind, gentle, loving, faithful, and can support you.
    Answer Applies to: New York - Replied: 11/25/2013
    John F Brennan | Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    24001 Greater Mack
    St Clair Shores, MI 48080
    (586) 778-0900
    Get an attorney and clear this matter.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan - Replied: 11/25/2013
Click to View More Answers:
1 2
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.