Got a Quick Question?

(120 characters remaining)
100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

What can I do if I was sexually harassed at work?

I was sexually touched and harassed at work yesterday while my boss stood by and laughed at me. This was all recorded on the companies surveillance cameras. I went into work today and my manager said I was being fired. He told me there was no reason for me being fired, but that I needed to leave. I contacted HR about the incident, but want to know what I can do beyond that, legally. What are my options as I feel this is highly unfair.

Click here to get answers from a local criminal defense attorney
    Alexis Plunkett | Law Office of Alexis Plunkett
    2657 Windmill Parkway #613
    Henderson, NV 89074
    (702) 675-4613
    You can file a lawsuit against the company, your former boss, and the person who sexually touched you. Contact police and file a report regarding the assault and battery.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada - Replied: 7/8/2013
    Thomas E. Gates | Gates' Law, PLLC
    651 Strander Blvd., Suite 209
    Tukwila, WA 98188-2953
    (253) 332-7899
    You can file a police report. You also need to retain an employment law attorney to assist on both the wrongful discharge and sexual harassment.
    Answer Applies to: Washington - Replied: 7/8/2013
    Carlos H. Davalos | The Law Office of Carlos H. Davalos
    1608 N. 16th Ave.
    Melrose Park, IL 60160
    (773) 312-0234
    Contact an employment law attorney. He or she will help you determine whether you could possibly file a lawsuit.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois - Replied: 7/8/2013
    Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
    343 East Main Street, Suite 314
    Stockton, CA 95202
    (209) 463-9715
    Schedule an appointment with a labor / employment attorney.
    Answer Applies to: California - Replied: 7/8/2013
Click to View More Answers:
Can't find the question you're looking for? Ask it?
Need personalized legal advice right now? Connect!

Disclaimer: The responses above do not form an attorney-client relationship. These answers may or may not apply to you and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Total Criminal Defense does not make any representation as to the expertise or qualifications of this attorney. These attorneys may or may not be admitted to state bar of your state.

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. The attorney listings on the site are paid attorney advertisements. Your access of/to and use of this site is subject to additional Supplemental Terms.